Björn Axén Brand Overview | 5 Reviews in 1


Hello my Bunnies,

Today I want to share with my discovery of a hair care brand.

As I was innocently walking around Globus with Roberta, we stumbled upon a table full of Björn Axén products.

The design appealed to me and upon trying a few of the testers, the scent and the formula really did it for me and I caved.

As they had a lot of miniature products, I decided that I would try as many products as possible to give you a bit of an overview.

I therefore left with the repair shampoo and conditioner from the Repair range, their dry shampoo, a hairspray (all in travel sizes) as well as with an oil spray.

I've been using these products for a little over a month now so I'm ready to tell you all about them.

I'll start with the ones that have really convinced me.


Björn Axén Repair Shampoo & Repair Conditioner

I was so excited to try using these products that I briefly contemplated the idea of washing my hair straight upon our return form our shopping trip. But alas, I decided to wait.

...until the next morning.

To be completely honest, I've been wanting to talk to you about these ever since I first used them. That's how impressed I was.

I briefly mentioned the scent earlier, and it is divine ! I'm as bad as ever at describing scents but I'd say that it smells like an expensive line of shampoo and conditioner, in the best possible way. The whole brand has the same scent, more or less.

And if you like the scent, you'll be happy to know that it lingers in the hair without being overpowering or interfering with any perfume you might be wearing.


But the scent isn't everything and thankfully, this shampoo and conditionner duo is just as good regarding everything else. First off, the shampoo is really pleasant to use as it lathers very well.

It leaves hair extremely soft and clean.

The conditioner is effective at detangling hair (brushing my hair after the shower is a picnic in the park) and makes everything softer without weighing the hair down at all.

Once my hair is dry, after using that combo I'm left very impressed for several reasons.

While using these, I went back to using my older shampoos and conditioners in order to compare as relevantly as possible and I can tell you that after using this particular combo my hair is :

Softer, shinier, lighter and last but not least, a lot less frizzy.

It's not something that this combo is really supposed to help with but it does. I have a lot of broken hair because of my climbing incident (read the story here for a good laugh) and when I use this combo ma hair looks a lot less frizzy than when I use anything else.

I also noticed that my hair looks a lot nicer on the second day. I usually have to wash my hair every other day, and I usually have to tie it up in a bun on the second day as it doesn't look too good. But with this combo my hair still looks nice on the second day and I can let it float on my shoulders and not hide it in a bun.

As you may have gathered, I'm absolutely in love with this combo. The only downside would be the price. At a little over 10.-CHF for the travel size and a little over 20.-CHF for the full size, it's a lot more expensive than your average shampoo and conditioner.

But I think it's worth it and as soon as I thought that I was running out of my travel size I went to the shop and purchased the full size bottles as I can't really see myself live without it anymore.


Björn Axén Silky Soft Oil Spray

They had quite a few oils available but I chose this one as it was the one that contained the smaller amount of silicon.

The sales rep advised me to purchase the Argan Oil from the brand but upon reading the label I realised that it contained a lot more silicon than actual argan oil, which didn't appeal to me at all. Also, the formula was quite thick, and well ... silicony.

I therefore went for this oil spray, which also contains silicon but it's a the bottom of the ingredient list and is preceded by quite a few different natural oils.

To be completely honest, I'm not that bothered about ingredients as long as the product does the trick so I'll focus more on the results.

This oil is quite simply fantastic and I don't regret spending a little over 50.-CHF for it. (as you use very little, the 150ml bottle will last you for ages !)

This oil can be used both on dry or wet hair, without too much risk of weighing the hair down or making it look greasy (well you shouldn't empty the whole bottle on your head obviously) By using just as few spritz on the lengths and ends, you get soft and shiny hair and damaged ends look a lot less ugly more pretty and smoothed down.

This oil is also a strong factor in my being able to let my second day hair out of a bun.

The good thing about it being a spray is that you can choose to use your hands or to use it straight from the spray. As the mist is very fine, you can spray it directly onto the hair, which makes it easier to apply the product evenly all over the hair. On the other hand, if you want to apply product to a small area, it's easy enough to spray it into one's hands.

And like the rest of the brand, it smells delicious and I love that I can smell it everything I move my hair.

I tried the argan oil as I got a sample and I can tell you that it's a lot easier to end up with greasy looking hair when using it. The oil spray on the other hand tends to give the hair a smooth velvety finish.


Björn Axén Styling Powder Dry Shampoo

Well ... here's something I didn't enjoy using.

You might know that I used to swear by Batiste dry shampoos, until I started using Colab which I ended up liking even more (you might have seen them in my "empties" post) But as convinced as I am by Colab, I'm still terribly curious and decided to give this mini can a go.

Well, unfortunately this didn't cut it for me.

I know that this dry shampoo has won competitions and stuff but it really isn't for me.

Regarding white residue, it isn't too bad at all.

Regarding refreshing the hair ... it's not that good and definitely not as good as Colab. Also, this is what's most important for me so we weren't off to a very good start.

However, what I really didn't like, is that this dry shampoo really gives a lot of texture to the hair. When using Colab, after brushing my hair, it feels clean and like I didn't use anything. However, when I use this dry shampoo, if I try to brush my hand through my hair, it's a bit sticky, it doesn't glide very well, it even hurts a little and definitely isn't pleasant.

However, the good thing about texture is that it makes hair easier to work with, especially when you want to create an undo. It also adds a bit of volume which some of you might like. Unfortunately, this isn't what I'm looking for in a dry shampoo.

But I should have known, it's not just a dry shampoo, it's also a styling powder. My bad for not reading the label.

Regarding the price, it'll cost you as much to buy this miniature as it will to buy a set of 5 Colab miniatures on feelunique. That is, a little over 10 francs.


Björn Axén Caring Hairspray for All Hair

Now ... that's a product that I really don't know why I purchased. Indeed, I hardly ever use hairspray.

This means that I have barely any experience on what it does, should do, can do and almost nothing to compare it to.

All I can tell you is that it smells nice and doesn't leave the hair feeling like cardboard.

But honestly, that's it. I'm not going to make up stories about this product, I


All in all, I can heartily recommend the Repair range that'll make your hair soft, silky and frizz-free, as well as the oil spray that will smooth over you damaged ends and lengths. I hope that I'll get the chance to try more products from the range soon !

In Switzerland you can find Björn Axén in Globus or Manor (online too, here), and maybe somewhere else, but I don't know.

Do you know the brand ? Any feedback to share ?

x
Macha

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,