5 Things that Make Me Happy in Spring


Hello my Bunnies, 

Today I'm not going to be talking about beauty products (well actually I am, but just a little bit) because I wanted to share with you a little list of 5 things that make me really happy about the return of spring.

They're very simple things from daily life, but they're specific to spring and they make me happy.


1. Flowers everywhere

I start with flowers because they're a little cliché. Spring and flowers ? How common !

But these little spots of colours that have invaded the world lately make me stupidly happy, just looking at them. Wherever you look, you'll find a different shade of yellow, pink, purple, white, blue, ...

It is indeed very simple, but truly beautiful.

Where I live we get a lot of fog and to see colour win over grey again is a relief !

On the picture is the garden's cherry tree underneath which are some myosotis, around which are some daisies, above which are some dandelions that the bunnies are very happy to eat.

Talking about bunnies ...


2. Spending time with my Bunnies

My Bunnies live outside, year round. We built an enclosure for them in the garden so that they're free to jump and run around. But this means that I don't spend as much time in them in the winter as it implies getting cold or wet.

However, now that the sun's back, the temperature has become a lot more pleasant so whenever I have a bit of free time, I take some clover or dandelions, a bit of patience and I go hunting for cuddles in their enclosure.

Spring is even better than summer for that as they like spring plants better than summer plants and it's much more comfortable to be sitting outside in the sun now than it is in the summer.

I try to make this into a routine, I go in, sit them and wait for hunger and curiosity to overcome shyness.

Their softness, their curiosity and their ability to be content with very little helps me take a step back and relax when everything else becomes a little too much to handle.


3.  Going around on a bike / longboard or with rollerblades

At the moment I'm finishing my studies at Neuchâtel's university. If you know the place you might know that the university is quite far away from the town centre where most shops and restaurants are as well as my grandma's place.

When it's cold or raining, I tend to use my car to go about the city (I know that's bad, I'm working on it =/) but since the weather's been nicer, I've gone back to going about on a bike.

But more importantly, I now carry my longboard around with me in my car so that I can take it out anytime I feel like it.

To be honest, longboarding isn't exactly my strong suit, but to go about the city is fairly easy so I'm thinking 2016 will be the year when I finally master longboarding ..! (I already said that I was going to master eyeliner application, so that's already two missions ;))

In the meantime, I try as hard as I can not to fall over while I cross the city, I enjoy some fresh air and I even do a little exercise at the same time.

If you use your car a lot, I can only suggest that you try and put a longboard or rollerblades (or whatever floats your boat) in your trunk to enjoy the beautiful sunny days, in a different way !


4. Soft and shimmery makeup

That's it. It's the end of autumn-winter shades. It's then end of 50 shades of burgundy. It's the end of thick and opaque formulas. The end of high coverage foundations and of ultra nourishing day creams.

We can finally go back to pale pink blushers, highlighters and lip glosses. Lighter foundations and non-matt lipsticks !

I know that there's no law to forbid anyone to wear whatever the heck they please year-round. But until now I was happy using my wintery shades whereas now I'm thrilled to have them back in their drawers. It's the circle of life.

At the moment I'm particularly enjoying wearing a light pink lip gloss (for instance the one I was talking about on Thursday here) paire with a pink blush (Tarte Doll Face for instance) and highlighter as eyeshadow (The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer at the moment) as well as quite generously on the rest of my face (though I like MAC Sparkling rose better for the face).

The result is quick, light and fresh and exactly what I'm after at the moment.

And if you feel like wearing a burgundy matt lip paired with Estée Lauder double wear, well go for it ! François Nars did say : “Don't be too serious: It's only makeup !"


5. Shorter sleeves

Shorter sleeves ? Well yes ! What's the point of wearing a watch or bracelets in the winter ? Indeed, you can't see them anyways ! They're either covered, or on top of sleeves which is both uncomfortable and not particularly pretty, or you're cold because you're not wearing sleeves.

So when autumn ends, I put bracelets and watches in a drawer and wait patiently for spring to come back.

However, now that the temperatures are a bit nicer again, we can wear shorter sleeves. Even no sleeves. Which is perfect for anyone wanting to display their watch or bracelets.

At the moment, I'm particularly happy to be able to show the world my new Daniel Wellington watch. It's the Classic St Mawes 36mm* with the rose gold frame. Not only is it a great addition to any outfit, I've also had many compliments wearing it and what's more is that it gives the time. Amazing isn't it ?!

More seriously, I've had it for a few weeks now and for the first time, I truly realise what difference a simple watch can make to a whole outfit. The exemple above (black vest, white top, black jeans) is as common as it gets, but the simple fact of adding the watch makes this outfit more chic, more unique and more me.

I'm only a beginner when it comes to accessories, but now I've made a decision, I'm going to try harder.

What about you ? What do you like about spring ?

x
Macha

*product given by the PR agency

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,