Get Ready With Me | Extended Version


Hello my Bunnies,

I'm finally back now that my exams are sort of over (and I had a bit of a lack of inspiration too.)

To celebrate that, I'm back with a never-seen-before-on-my blog type of post: It's a Get Ready With Me, but instead of talking about my makeup and nothing else like I usually did, I'm talking you through my whole routine.

Not only am I going to talk about every product I used, I'm also going to give you mini reviews for each of them.

Get ready, it's a long one !

I'll start with a kind of disclaimer, as not all my mornings go like this one did, far from it.

It was yesterday, on a wednesday. What you should know is that I'm a student who works in a restaurant and does cover works in schools. This means that my timetable is very irregular and I often have free time on weekdays as I work at night and at the weekend at the restaurant.

So yesterday, I woke up quite late as I worked at the restaurant until it closed on tuesday night and my plan was to get ready for the Estée Lauder press event, all the while taking pictures for this post as well as for a tutorial. Quite the schedule !


Usually, the first thing I do when I wake up, no matter what the program for the rest of the day is, is to take a shower. I did an exception yesterday and started by applying my L'Alpage Inalp mattifying and smoothing* mask (reviewed here) because I wanted my skin to be particularly smooth and matte in order for my makeup to apply better and to stay matte longer.

I let it sit while I showered.


In the shower, I started by using my Bumble and bumble Bb Sunday shampoo which I use about once a week to deeply clean my hair and I'm really enjoying using it. I find that it leaves my hair really clean and lighter but it doesn't feel stripped or completely dehydrated.

I then applied my Tigi S-Factor Serious Conditioner that smells like strawberries and that I really love though I'm starting to wish I could get through this giant tub that I mistakenly ordered years ago.

I then washed my body using the L'Occitane Amande shower oil that I reviewed here.

I then tied my hair up and left my conditioner and face mask to sit a little while longer while I got dry and set everything ready to take my pictures and do my makeup.

I then rinsed off my face and hair mask using cold water as I heard that it makes hair shinier and it activates skin circulation.


Before jumping into my skin care routine I used my Skin Food Pineapple Peeling gel (bought on eBeauty and Care and reviewed here) which I really love because it's really gentle yet makes my skin much softer and I can even use it when my skin is feeling under the weather.

I then applied my Michael Todd Blue Green Algae toner which I've been using for years and still love. I'm convinced that the fact that it's anti-bacterial helps to avoid the spreading of breakouts and the lavender it contains helps to soothe the skin. I use it every morning and most evenings.

Then for serum, I use my Reficis Soie Douce hydrating serum* (reviewed here) which I've been using consistently for a few months and really loving. One pump is enough to do my face and neck, it works well with my oily skin and I've seen improvement in terms of the elasticity of my skin.

Finally I use my La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+ which I've also been using for years. I'm pretty sure that it's good for my skin and that it helps with my breakouts but I'm getting a bit bored of it so once this one will be empty I'll look for something else.

All the while I'm doing my skincare, my hair is up in a towel to start drying.

the yet nameless chick - Miloula
That's when I went and took care of the menagerie.

The bunnies (4), the guinea pigs (3), the chicken (3), the cat and the turtles (2). That's a whole lot of cuteness waiting to be taken care of.

Jack-Jack - Dynamite - Nivéole
The bunnies and the guinea pigs share an enclosure together with the turtles (who are now hibernating) in the garden. Every evening we lock them in their little houses so that the fox don't eat them and every morning we set them free.

Same goes for the chicken who have their own enclosure at the back of the garden.

Miniardise & Rebond - Anthracite
I really enjoy taking care of them as I find their simple approach to life very soothing and it helps me to take a step back and to look at my "problems" differently. Also : cuteness overload !

Chips
Once I've petted everybody and got my share of fluffiness for the day, it's time to make my own breakfast.


I've started consistently making smoothies for breakfast a few weeks back and there's a recipe that I particularly enjoy.

I use 1 mango, 1 passion fruit, the juice of 1 lime and some coconut milk (either real one or the one on the picture which is mixed with rice milk and water depending on whether I want something more thick or more liquidy)

I put it all in my Breville Blend-Active blender that I shopped on Amazon and it's ready in just a few minutes.


Once it's well blended (sometime I add a little water to make it less thick and more drinkable) I pour it over some ice cubes in a big glass and I enjoy !

It tastes like dessert and is completely guiltfree ! A winner !


When that's done, I start taking care of my hair. I first apply my new Redken All Soft serum* (shopped on Parfumcity) that's so good that it made me forget my Moroccanoil !!! I detangle the mane using my Wet Brush (reviewed here) and let my hair air dry while I do my makeup.


Here you can see everything I used for my makeup. On a daily basis I NEVER use that many product but I was doing a tutorial and trying new products and new techniques and also wanted to step out of my comfort zone, that's why I used that many things.

I'm not going to give you the details of how I did my makeup as the tutorial will be coming up at the end of the week but here's the finished look.


At this point, as you can imagine, I was starting to really run out of time so I didn't have time to do my nails.

I still wanted to do something with my hair so I grabbed my Steam Pod* for the first time (it's been sitting on my desk for 3 months, no joke!) and used it to tame any fly-aways and quite frankly I loved the result. Quick and efficient !


But I didn't have any time left to take pictures at this point so I grabbed my bag, keys and phone and ran out the door to go to that Estée Lauder press event and discover all the wonderful things that await us in 2016.

If you want to know how I did my makeup, come back on sunday when I'll post a step-by-step tutorial and come back next week when I'll be talking about all the new things that Estée Lauder are going to be launching in 2016.

I'd love to know what you think about this kind of post, and I really hope you enjoyed it !

x
Macha

*products given by the brand, PR, seller

Labels: , , , , , ,