Emptie Worth Mentioning #5


Hello my Bunnies,

As it is the start of a new year I want to start fresh and I'm getting rid of all the empties that are slowly taking up the whole room under my desk.

As I've been procrastinating it's going to be a big one ! I strongly suggest a skimmed reading ;)

I've sorted them by category: hair, body, skincare and makeup.

Enjoy !


Batiste Dry Shampoo  - Original and Medium & Brunette
These use to be my absolute favourite dry shampoos (I've talked about them here) and I still like them but I've been reaching for Colab a lot more lately because it doesn't leave such a weird feeling in my hair.
Will I repurchase it ? Probably not. Mind you, they're still great, but I find Colab to be better.

Colab Dry Shampoo -  Monaco
So these are the dry shampoos that made me forget all about Batiste. I especially love this scent that's called Monaco though it could be considered to be a little summery. As for Colab in general, I like the dry shampoos because they are effective, invisible and smell great.
Will I repurchase it ? Yes ! I already own another two cans.


Kneipp Bath Salts - Eucalyptus
I bought these bath salts because I wanted something that'd be a bit strong when I'm sick, to help with my congested nose and have a warming effect on my skin. But I found that these bath salts were not quite powerful enough and I like the bath oils from the same brand a lot better. However they are good bath salts that dissolve nicely and smell great.
Will I repurchase it ? No. In general I like Lush better for bath things and if I want something from Kneipp I'll reach for the bath oils instead. It's not that they're not good, they're just not what I was looking for.

Rituals Magic Touch - Whipped Body Cream
I loved the texture of this body cream ! Very rich yet it'd sink in the skin very quickly and leave it feeling lovely. The scent was nice though it wasn't my favourite.
Will I repurchase it ? I already have some other Rituals... products but in a different scent, Happy Buddha.

Lush Shower Gel - Yuzu & Cocoa
I loved the playful aspect of this shower gel that really looks like paint as it is so colorful. It is a simple shower gel and it performs like a good one. The unusual scent is very lovely and the playful aspect is great when you're 8.
Will I repurchase it ? At the moment I have enough shower gels to last me months and months but when I run out and need to purchase some new ones it's very likely that I'll look into Lush products.

Caudalie Crème Gourmande Hands & Nails
I didn't like the scent of this hand cream that I found to be too fruity and too fresh but I have to admit that the formula was amazing. It sinks in the skin very quickly, isn't sticky and really helps with the condition of my hands. I found it particularly helpful to soothe my skin after my climbing sessions.
Will I repurchase it ? I still have about 27 tubes of hand cream to go to but this one goes into the pile of hand creams to recommend/repurchase.


Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm
This is one of my favourite balm cleansers (I'm going to post a comparative review soon) because of how well it works and of its scent. The scent is sort of citrussy and floral at the same time though quite rich and sweet at the same time. It's very spa-like. I like to use it to remove my makeup and/or cleanse my face. As you rub it into the skin it slowly transforms into a rich oil that dissolves makeup (except for waterproof mascara) and removes dirt. Then, once you've emulsified it with a little water, you rinse it all off or use a damp muslin cloth (which I prefer) to remove everything. I love that it leaves my skin feeling very clean though not stripped at all. You can also use it as an overnight mask that'll leave the skin feeling plumped. I really love it though it is a little bit expensive.
Will I repurchase it ? I already have !

Reficis Soie Douce - Cleansing Gel*
I really enjoyed using the cleansing gel to remove my makeup as it was very efficient yet very gentle and didn't sting my eyes. It could even get rid off my revlon waterproof mascara ! (see below)
Will I repurchase it ? I have a ton of cleansers and makeup removers to use still but I really enjoyed using it so I might !

The Body Shop - Vitamin E Eyes Cube
It's the only eye cream I ever used that really had me committed to using it everyday and that's probably due to its very practical packaging. You use it under your eyes just like you would a lip balm and I loved that it felt very fresh on the skin. For the results … I'm not too sure and they say that it's quite hard to tell with eye cream in general.
Will I repurchase it ? I still have a few to use up but once I'm done with those and need a new eye cream I'll definitely go for this one !

Superdrug - Tea Tree Oil 
This is simply pure tea tree essential oil that I use as a spot treatment for my spots to go away quicker and to help them heal afterwards. I don't think there's that much difference between two brands I just bought that one because it was cheaper.
Will I repurchase it ? I already have some more tea tree oil but I'm not necessarily going to favor superdrug over another brand.

Lush - Mask of Magnaminty
I like the very fresh sensation this mask leaves on my skin as well as its minty fragrance. I'm also fairly certain that it helps to calm my skin down when I have a bad case of breakouts.
Will I repurchase it ? I already have. Even though I'm not 100% sure about the results (I really feel like it helps though) I like using it so much that I repurchased it.


Bourjois 1, 2, 3, Perfect - Foundation
This used to be my absolute favourite foundation (I talked about it here.) I liked it because it offers good coverage, looks fairly natural, doesn't break me out and works well with my oily skin.
Will I repurchase it ? I already have another bottle but I probably won't repurchase it anymore as I now like the Bourjois Air Mat even better !

Bourjois Healthy Mix - Powder
This, I would say, is a powder for people who don't like powder as it looks very natural while still setting the makeup. It wasn't for me however as I'm into very mattifying powders and this one just looked too natural. Bonus : it smells great.
Will I repurchase it ? Nope, it's good but it isn't for me.

Soap&Glory One Heck of a Blot - Powder
Now this is my jam ! I've already finished this powder about 4 times (I talked about it here) and I still haven't found anything quite as good. It's really good at mattifying my skin yet it never looks cakey or powdery. It's also perfect for on the go and touch ups as you can just pile it on and it'll keep on looking great.
Will I repurchase it ? Absolutely ! I already have another on on the go and a back up in my drawer.

Rimmel Stay Matte - Powder
Well … I know that everybody loves this powder but I just don't. No matter how little I try to apply I find that it always looks powdery and paradoxically, it doesn't last very long on me and I find that I have to touch up more often when I used this one. But so many people like it that maybe you should try it, maybe it just doesn't get along with my skin...
Will I repurchase it ? Nope.

Maybelline Lasting Drama - Gel Eyeliner
So this product isn't technically empty but it is too dry to use. I've had it for about 3 years and it dried out in the pot. I haven't used it an awful lot as I'm not very good at eyeliner but I found that it was a very good one ! It looks very black and lasts really well for a very long time.
Will I repurchase it ? Like I said, I don't wear a lot of eyeliner but I want to get more into it, so I'll either repurchase this one or get the L'Oréal one. (Any advice is welcome)

I won't go on about the mascaras too much as I have dedicated reviews for all of them with pictures and everything, so I'll link them below and just give you the minimum info about each.

Covergirl Clump Crusher - Mascara
Reviewed here.
I loved this mascara : length, volume and no clumps.
Will I repurchase it ?  Very likely !

Maybelline The Rocket' - Mascara
Reviewed here.
It was a really good mascara but I found the brush a bit too big for comfort.
Will I repurchase it ? Nope.

Benefit They're Real - Mascara
Reviewed here.
One of  my favourite mascara ever in terms of results (close to perfection tbh) but a little too expensive for my taste ...
Will I repurchase it ? Not right now, especially because of the price, but I might cave ...

Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Sexy Black - Waterproof Mascara
Reviewed here.
It was really good but too waterproof and a real pain in the backside to remove.
Will I repurchase it ? No.

Revlon Lash Potion - Waterproof Mascara
Reviewed here.
I love the Revlon waterproof formula that holds extremely well yet is easy to remove. This one was more volumising than lengthening but I liked it a lot.
Will I repurchase it ? Probably.

Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Eyes - Mascara
Reviewed here.
I like this mascara because you can really amp it up by adding more coats or keep it natural with just one coat.
Will I repurchase it ? I'm not sure because of the price but I might treat myself ;)

Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping - Waterproof Mascara
Reviewed here.
Again, great waterproof formula and I really like how it makes my eyelashes look.
Will I repurchase it ? Yup, very likely !

Elizabeth Arden Ceramide -Mascara
This mascara broke at the opening when I dropped it… So I didn't really get to use it a lot. But I think that it gives too natural results for my liking, I like my mascara too look more intense
Will I repurchase it ? Nope. I don't want a mascara that breaks when I drop it and I like more intense lashes than it can offer.


Phew ! That's it !

Do you know some of these ?

x
Macha

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,