Lush Diary #11 | Peeping Santa | Christmas Collection


Hello my Bunnies,

Get ready for a very Lush heavy week. As promised, I want to review as many products of the Christmas range as possible while they're still available.

I'm sorry for those of you who don't have a bathtub or who aren't particularly interested in Lush but I'll get back to the other stuff asap.

Today, I'm going to review one of the cutest bath bombs in the christmas collection, which is actually a bubble bar called Peeping Santa*.


Unfortunately, when it comes to this bubble bar, my opinion is very much like the one I had for Dashing Santa (review here) : though these bath bombs look absolutely amazing on the shelf, I find them a tad disappointing once they're in the bath.

Don't get me wrong, it's not bad at all, but Lush offers so many incredible products that when they do "normal" products that are "just good" I'm left a bit "meh".


Like any bubble bar, you have to crumble it under running water (how heartbreaking was it to squish that cute little face though =/) in order to create bubbles.

That's where I was a bit surprised as I find that it created a lot less bubbles than some of the other bubble bars I've tried. For instance Sparkly Pumpkin (review here) that had created 30cm of bubbles on top of the water.

As you can see below, there were still bubbles, but not quite as many.

Scent wise, you may be happy to know that it is a bit different to all the spicy christmassy scent. Peeping Santa has more of a slightly fruits and mentholy scent (don't quote me on that, I still haven't mastered the art of scent description), but I like more spicy scent so I wasn't the biggest fan.

Other than that, it turns the water red, as you would expect, but you don't really see it as it's covered in bubbles anyway :P


All in all, it is a really cute bubble bar and would make a killer decoration or gift, but it doesn't perform quite as amazingly as most Lush products in my opinion, and I wasn't the biggest fan of the scent.

However, if you're sick and tired of spicy christmas scents and/or want to make a really cute gift, go ahead !

Have you tried it ? What are your thoughts ?

x
Macha

*press sample

Labels: , , , , , ,