How to Match Your Liner to Your Stripy Sweater | Tutorial


Or how I'm solving a problem you didn't know you had. You're welcome !

Hello my Bunnies,

Today I’m back with another tutorial and for once I’m not going with easy neutral shades !

I’m not going to turn myself into an exotic bird either because I still find bright shades to be quite intimidating but I’m going to show you a kind of wearable colourful daily makeup look (that you can wear absolutely whenever you please !)

A while back, I received a few liners from my aunt and the colours looked so pretty that I really wanted to wear them even though they’re not exactly my type of shade.

As per usual, I’ll hide a mini review of the products used in the middle of the tutorial.

But enough with the talk already and let’s get to it.



I start by applying a midnight blue liner on the outer 2/3 of the lid close to the lashline and finish with a short flick. Here I’m using the Lancôme Ombre Hypnôse Stylo in the shade 07 bleu nuit but any dark blue liner will do.



As the tip of the liner is quite thick, I like to use a cotton bud to make it look a bit neater.



Review: This liner may actually be a shadow stick. However it’s almost impossible to blend. With a brush, nothing happens and with a finger the result doesn’t look good at all. The colour payoff is really intense and opaque, that’s why I chose to use it as a liner.
Its longevity is remarkable ! It lasts 24 hours easily (full day + sport session + night of sleep !) Yes, sometimes, though very rarely, I sleep with my makeup on I know  don't judge me.


Edit: Once I was all done with the tutorial and the pictures, I discovered a little sharpener hidden inside the end of the liner. Silly me. Better late than never eh ?!


Once I’m happy with the shape of the blue line, I go on to the silver liner. Here I used the Dior Diorshow Khôl in the shade 039 but again, any silver liner will do.



I apply it in the inner third of the lid, close to eye lid, right into the inner corner and also go on top of the blue liner a little bit to create an ombré effect.

I blend the limit between the two colours using my finger.



Review: This liner is really great ! It is very glittery but at the same time, unlike many glittery liners, it also has a really good colour payoff ! You won’t be left with a line of glitter, there’s colour as well. It doesn’t last quite as well as the blue one, but the next morning there was still a decent amount of liner left on my eyes.



I then applied two coats of the Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline Black mascara and ... that’s it.

It’s really simple but it really does make a difference. People rarely comment on my makeup but when I wear this look there’s always someone to mention it.



What about you, do you wear colour on a daily basis ?

x
Macha

Labels: , , , , , , ,