How to Pick a Face Sunscreen | + Mini Review


Hello my bunnies,

I'm back ! I'm not quite done with my essays but I have a little more free time again =)

Today I want to talk to you about choosing a face sunscreen. How I picked it, what my criterions where and what I did when I was faced with 5 different tubes of sunscreen.

As the beautiful sunny days are back (at least they are here) we spend more time outside, by the lakeside or up the mountain and I find that the spf in foundation or day cream isn't quite enough when it's that sunny and we spend that much time outside.

Also, I don't want my acne scars to get any darker so I'm being extra-careful.

Better late than never right ? Some of you might still need to go and pick one up...

When it comes to sunscreen, my criterions are as follows:


That's why I decided to start my research in a pharmacy and with brands such as Avène, La Roche Posay, Vichy, Caudalie, Nuxe, etc.

Firstly I selected the tubes that had a factor 50 and that were non-comedogenic.


Some brands do have a mattifying or light version but some only have one and/or don't state it on the packaging.

I therefore picked up the testers from all the creams that fitted my criterions the best and started applying them on the back of my hands to try out the consistency and the mattifying power (you may have to wait a couple of minutes for it to dry.)

As you may have guessed already, the winner was the Anthelios XL - Anti-shine from La Roche-Posay. I chose this one because I was actually astonished by how matte it made my hand look.

The consistency is a bit thick, which is surprising at first, but it doesn't feel too rich, heavy or sticky on the skin.

I have been using it for a week and I haven't had any breakout or sunburn and I'm glad to report that makeup sits very nicely on top of it.


Shoutout to the Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV defence that I tried a sample of and that seems really amazing too.

The others brands I tried at the pharmacy were just not quite mattifying enough compared to this one.

I hope this helped some of you !

What's your go to face sunscreen ?

x
Macha

Labels: , , , , , , ,