Removing Makeup With Water, Yay or Nay ? | Glov Review


A small article today as I’m still working on my essays and sadly don’t have a lot of time for the blog =(

I was lucky enough to be sent the Glov makeup removing system by CoolBrandz. Thank you once again for letting me try something new !

So, Glov’s are makeup removing gloves with no chemicals whatsoever. Their secret is in their fibers that are 100x time thinner than human hair and that attract makeup like magnets.

They’re very simple to use. You just have to wet them with cold, warm or hot water and they remain antibacterial from 3 months. After 3 months, you’re supposed to change them.

So, these definitely sound great on paper but what are they like in the bathroom ?


I must say that I was impressed the first time I tried them ! I had a full face of makeup, including some Lancôme mascara, a rouge velvet from Bourjois as well as the usual suspects (foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, etc.) I simply wet my Glov with warm water and hold it against my face for a few second to start to soften everything.

And swoosh, I swiped it across and everything was gone. Mascara, lipstick, everything ! I didn't have to rub at all or to use any product that could sting my eyes or irritate my skin.

What's more is that this Glov, though very very soft, will help improve micro-circulation as well as exfoliating the skin ever so gently.


As I was so impressed, I decided to take it up a notch the next day and applied my Benefit They're Real mascara which is known to be harder to remove. Well  I have to say that it didn't go as smoothly, sadly.

It is possible to take it all off but it will take a significant amount of rubbing and that's when it stops being pleasant. I felt like I was ripping off my eyelashes and irritating the skin around my eyes. I can't imagine what it'd be like with real waterproof mascara.

Also, what do I do with my Glov once it's all covered in black, red and brown ?

Well, once again I was pleasantly surprised. You take a bit of soap and water, rub a little and boom ! It's white again ! So yes, it takes a minute and 30 seconds … but I don't think that's so bad.


All in all, it is great to remove makeup, even mascara as long as it isn't waterproof.

*and there's this little voice in my head that keeps saying : it's normal though, isn't it ?! It is waterproof mascara after all, and we're using nothing but water to take it off... I'd say that if your waterproof mascara comes off with this glove, it's not a very good waterproof mascara.

Ecologically, it's a great makeup remover as you don't throw away cotton pads everyday like you would when using micellar water or standard makeup remover.

For sensitive skin, it is great because you don't take the risk to upset it with products and you even gently massage it with soft soft soft fibers (am I taking this too far :P)

So it isn't a great tool for waterproof mascara wearers and for some of us the minute and a half it takes to clean it may be too much but that's personal.


As for me, I will be happy to use it for the next three months at which point I will rethink the whole experience and decide if I'll buy it again.

Glov is available in three different sizes. A big one that allows you to do the whole face easily, a smaller one that has the size of a hand which is good for traveling and that I love using to remove face masks and a small one, the size of a finger which I'm not sure how to use yet.


You can find them on their website and in Switzerland you can buy them at Marionnaud.

What are your thoughts on these ?

x
Macha

Labels: , , , ,