A Really Long Lasting Manicure


It all started last friday…

I had an event to go to and wanted my hands to look nice so I decided to paint my nails for the first time since Christmas.

As I was rummaging through my nail polish collection I found this little number by Rimmel that I had never used and decided to give it a go.

I did my manicure as per usual. I used one coat of the Essie Beam-Up base coat to keep my nails from yellowing, let it dry for a few minutes and then applied two coats of the Rimmel Salon Pro in the shade 701 Jazz Funk leaving a few minutes in between the coats.

Afterwards, as I have no patience at all when it comes to letting my nails dry, I applied a coat of the Seche Vite topcoat and went on with my day as I would usually.

This was last friday (may 22nd.)

Come monday, I was already surprised to see that my manicure was still perfect. No chip in sight and the tips were not even worn. Usually, by the 3rd day I can already take it all off and start again but with this combination everything was still perfect.

Now, let's jump to thursday, almost a week in and still not a chip in sight. However, I was convinced that tuesday would be this manicure's last day as we went climbing.

You may or may not know that climbing is deadly for manicures. But this resistant little one even survived through an hour long climbing session with just one slightly damaged nails. I was impressed !

I therefore decided to keep it for another day and then, yet another.

The following picture was taken on saturday, 8 days after I applied my nail polish. It doesn't look great anymore but if you don't look too closely, considering my busy lifestyle, the result is more than impressive !


As I almost always use the same base and top coat, I suspect this little pink polish to have something to do with the longevity of my manicure, but I can't be sure.

I've started an investigation !

What about you, what are your longest lasting nail polishes ?

x
Macha

Labels: , , , , ,