TAG | Beauty Products and Me


Welcome to the first ever TAG on Feathers and Brushes. I was tagged by Gwen from Et à propos … and since the questions were really nice I decided to give it a go =)

Let's get to it. I'll tell you all the truth and nothing but the truth !

1. How many times do you wash/cleanse your face ?
Assuming it is how many times a day, 2. I very rarely skip cleansing as I really want to get rid off my spots.
In the morning I use the Reficis purifying cleansing gel (full length review here) because it feels amazing on the skin.
In the evening, I start with a micellar water to take my makeup off. At the moment I use the La Roche Posay one but I'll use any that hangs around as long as it doesn't sting my eyes. Then I use the Effaclar purifying foaming gel.
In the shower I also have the dermo-soothing deep cleansing foam for days when my skin is feeling particularly sensitive as it is very gentle yet very efficient and the deep cleansing foaming cream for days when I want a super cleanse (though this one can be a bit stripping.) both from La Roche Posay again.

2. Do you use eye cream ?
I used to. But I don't feel like it does a lot and I don't really need it. I usually take my moisturiser over my eyes as well.

3. What do you think about fake lashes ?
I've only ever worn false lashes once and apart from the fact that it took me 10 minutes to apply them I had quite a good experience. But it isn't really something that I'm drawn to. However, not long ago I wanted to try individual lashes but I can't wear those because my lashes are much shorter and it makes them very obvious.


4. What's your favourite mascara ?
I find this to be a really hard question. At the moment I'd probably say the Benefit They're Real because it is just as good when you first open and when you last use it just before it's too dry. Unlike the Clinique high impact or the YSL shocking that you have to let dry before they reach their full potential or the Covergirl clump crusher which dries a bit too fast in my opinion. I also really like the Maybelline sensational and the Lancôme Hypnôse star and doll eyes.

5. Do you always use an eye primer ?
I use an eye primer when I remember that I should (= rarely). However, when I know that I'm going to take some time to do my eyeshadow or have a special event I definitely do. Amongst my favourite are the Urban Decay primer potion and the Mac paint pots (here, groundwork but I also really like let's skate). The Maybelline colour tattoo are also great though less discrete (but last a REALLY long time and can also be used on their own.)


6. Felt tip or pencil eyeliner ?
I don't wear a lot of eyeliner but when I do it's definitely felt-tip. I find them much easier to use and at the moment I really like the Soap&Glory supercat which allows you to draw a very thin, very black line.

7. Are you clumsy when doing your makeup ?
Not really. I think that the shape of my eyes makes it hard for me not to put mascara on my lids when applying it but if I'm being careful it's fine. However, if I'm attempting a flick, I'll definitely need Q-tips.

8. If you had to leave the house with just one makeup product, what would it be ?
Depends if I can have only one product on my face or only one product for touch-ups. If I can only have one product on my face, I pick mascara as it really helps me look more awake and if I can have only one product in my bag for touch-ups then I choose powder. I particularly love the Soap&Glory one heck of a blot which is just perfect.

9. What's your favourite gloss ?
I don't wear a lot of gloss so I'll cheat a little bit by saying YSL tint in oil in cherry my chérie (full-length review here) because it really looks like a gloss but isn't sticky and is also a stain. I also really like the NYX megashine lip gloss in the colour beige (which isn't beige at all !) but I seem to have lost it =(

10. What would you like to own very soon ?
It's really hard just to pick a few but I really want to try some things from Too Faced like the chocolate bar and the better than sex mascara. I also really want to try the Zoeva brushes and to buy my first  MAC lipstick.

So that's it for this TAG, I hope you liked it.
Now it's my turn and I tag Cheryl from Swiss Beauty Talk, Roberta from Réglisse et Myrtilles, Laura from Laura-Ka as well as Charlotte from Mon Petit Quelque Chose, (only swiss girls because it makes me happy :P) if you're interested, I'd be really happy to read your answers !

x
Macha

Labels: ,