Pink Spring Picks from NYX


Today I want to talk to you about two products from NYX that I almost unconsciously picked up just as I saw that the sun was coming out again. It's probably because they are particularly appropriate for this time of year.

I find both their colour and formula to be perfect for spring, sunny days and to roam around chirping birds in a romantic manner (spring makes me terribly cheesy apparently :P)


The first one is the NYX blush in Pinched. It's a gorgeous peachy pink with a hint of golden shimmer running through it.

I find that it has the perfect pigmentation as it's not so sheer that you have to build it up but it's not so pigmented that you have to be overly careful when applying it either.

It gives a very natural flush of colour to my cheeks (therefore works very well for fair skin and I think that it'd work on pretty much any skin tone) with just that hint of shimmer that helps to give a healthy glow (nothing too cray-cray !)

It has been compared to Nars Orgasm but I find that Pinched is a lot less shimmery and more pink than Orgasm.


The other product I want to talk about is the NYX Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie. It is a baby pink but it isn't so opaque that it washes you out. I guess you could say that it is a pinky nude.

I like to wear it because it feels very moisturizing and it is a good thing as my lips are still feeling the remnants of winter. It gives a sheer wash of colour and a hint of glossiness with a very comfortable formula that isn't sticky at all.

It's a winner in my book.

I like to combine these two products with a flawless (ish) skin and simple eye makeup to give a fresh romantic look that makes me feel very spring appropriate.

Have you tried these ? What products did you dig out of your drawers for spring ?

x
Macha

Labels: , , , , , , ,