Back to Basics | A Fresh, Nude, Spring Makeup Look


Lately I've been going for a very quick and fairly nude makeup look. With the return of the sun I've been wanting to keep things simple and fresh. With this look, the emphasis is on the eyes and everything else is left pretty nude.
*Also I keep on being late and as this makeup look doesn't require too many things or too many skills, I just throw it all in my handbag and do my makeup on the train. (How glamorous...)

Now that most my zits are gone (here's my post on what I did to get rid off them) I'm left with a lot of scars on my face and I've changed my foundation routine slightly (here's my post on my foundation routine when I had a lot of zits.)

I've opted for a fuller coverage foundation and I don't really use concealer anymore as my foundation manages to cover pretty much everything.
I use the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation and the L'Oréal Infallible. I have to mix the two because one is too light and the other one is too dark for my skin but they are pretty similar in my opinion and both have a good coverage with a quite natural finish and last a long time.

As I said, I don't use any concealer with this look as I don't mind that you can still sort of see the scars and don't want to cake it up with more products.

However, in order to keep it looking fresh, once I've applied my foundation with my Real Techniques Buffing brush I spritz my face with some of the Caudalie Beauty Elixir and work it into the skin with my brush. It feels very cooling, smells great and allows the foundation to melt even more into the skin making it look more natural. I also feel like it gives some kind of glow that shines through the powder which is exactly what I want.

Once that's done, I apply a touch of my Soap&Glory One Heck of a Blot powder to set it all in place and that's the face done. I don't use any blush or bronzer.

I then tame, tint and fill in my brows using the L'Oréal Brow Artist Plumper, apply a generous coating of the Benefit They're Real mascara (very important as I want my eyes to stand out)(if you want to read a review of it, click here) and finish off the look with a hint of Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Notting Hill Nude. Then I'm out the door, ready for the day.


I've been rocking this look most days for a week now and I really enjoy it. It only takes me 5 minutes in the morning and I really like how it makes my skin looks fresh and my eyes stand out.

What has been your go-to makeup look lately ? What do you think of this one ?

x
Macha

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,