How to | Getting Rid of Zits


As I mentioned in my last post, my skin has been terrible lately (click here if you want to see what products I use to hide my spots). After trying quite a few things in addition to my routine (tea tree oil, mud masks, ...) I remembered what I did last time I had such a hard time with spots.

It was about 2 years ago and I completely changed my routine to bring it down to 4 products. 
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo, La Roche Posay Effaclar Deep Cleansing Foaming Cream, Alpha H Liquid Gold and Michael Todd Blue Green Algae anti-bacterial Toner. The liquid gold (more detailed post about it here) and the toner were still in my routine but I changed moisturiser and cleansers quite often and I decided to go back to this simpler routine hoping that it would help.

I use the cleansing foaming cream to wash my face morning and evening. It really leaves the skin feeling clean and purified and some of you would probably hate it as the result is almost "squeaky-clean". For something a bit more gentle I'd recommend using the La Roche Posay Purifying Foaming Gel instead which is a lot more gentle on the skin. If I'm wearing a lot of makeup I'll use a micellar water first to get rid of most of it.

I use nothing else than the Effaclar Duo+ to moisturize in the morning and at night. In the morning I apply the anti-bacterial toner and I use the liquid gold on its own every other night to get rid off the blemishes and scars faster. The new version of the Effaclar Duo+ is a bit more moisturising than the original but if you're still looking for a more moisture I'd suggest using the La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat (it isn't great at mattifying in my opinion but it is a nice moisturiser nonetheless).

I’ve been doing that for about two weeks now and I can already notice huge improvements. The breakouts don't stay as long and for the first time in months I can't feel the next batch coming (you know when you think it's all over because most of them are gone but you can actually already feel the bumps the next ones are making  I know  gross). It has also greatly improved the overall texture of my skin. I notice it when I apply my makeup in the morning as it all goes a lot smoother.

All in all I'm really happy with how it's all going down. Only two weeks in and my skin is a lot happier !

I’ll keep you updated but if you’re having problem with your skin I can’t recommend the La Roche Posay effaclar range enough. I think that they do fab’ products against blemishes. They already saved my skin once and I’m pretty sure that it’s happening again.

What are your skin saviours ? 

x
Macha


*In the UK La Roche Posay has a special kit especially designed for blemish prone skin that includes Effaclar Duo+, a cleansing gel and a toner that is exclusive to the kit. I’m trying to get my hands on it as I’ve heard good things about it and I think that if you’re lucky enough to have it where you live you should give it a go.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,