Mascara Cycle Round-Up #1


I usually use 2-4 mascaras at the same time (not "at the same time" but you know, I have a few open at the same time) (I just said "same time" a lot didn't I ?!) and I thought it would be a good idea to talk about the 4 that I'm using at the moment.

3 of them are actually running/drying out and I'll be changing them soon (which means that I've tested them for a while now) and the 4th one I started using 2 weeks ago.


I actually wasn't that impressed by this selection. I would only repurchase one of them and the other 3 while they're not bad are nowhere near being amazing.

You should know that I'm looking for mascaras that will give me seriously bold lashes and that I'm not interested in natural looking mascaras.

But let's look at them a bit more closely shall we ?


Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum' Express
This one is my least favourite of the bunch. The formula isn't bad, it doesn't flake or melt (no panda eye), but the brush is impossible to use.
It is very (and I mean very!) bendy ! This bendy wand sort of makes it impossible to use this mascara because if you try to push it against your lashes to coat them first it bends and then it bounces back which makes the whole process very messy. The brush itself being quite big doesn't help with the messiness.
On the other hand, if you can master the bendiness (which I sort of did after a while) you will hand up with long and voluminous lashes (no clumps, no spidery lashes).
But I wil not repurchase it because it is just not worth the time it takes to get decent results.


Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless
This one is good if you like a small brush. But I don't. I feel like it requires more work and time to get volume with a smaller brush. Again, nothing wrong with the formula (no flakes, no panda eyes by the end of the day) but I like a mascara with a bit more "oomph" to it. Because with this one you will need a few coat to get bold lashes.
If you're after a small brush and don't mind applying a few layers then this is for you !
*I didn't even take into account the growing properties because I don't believe that it works and I didn't buy it for that



Avon Super Shock Max
The most shocking thing about this mascara is how natural it looks. Given the name I was expecting to end up with very bold lashes but nope. As it gets older and dries it'll become slightly more voluminous but it doesn't really give you shocking lashes in any way.
Again, nothing wrong really with this mascara it's just that I'm looking for bigger lashes than this one can give me.


Benefit They're Real
Now we're talking ! Long, bold, voluminous, fluttery lashes ! This is exactly the kind of mascara that I like !
I know a lot of people find it a pain to remove but I found that my Emma Hardie cleansing balm did the trick so I don't have a problem with that.
The only thing that bothers me (and it's a little thing) is that the spikes kind of hurt when I'm trying to get really close to my lash line. (also … it's kind of expensive …)

So that's it. Out of the 4 I would repurchase the Benefit one and as for the rest though they weren't bad they weren't amazing so I'm going to try new things instead of using them again.

What's your favourite mascara ? What should I try next ?

x
Macha

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,