DIY Ladder Wardrobe


When I saw on Pinterest how Geneva from A Pair and A Spare had transformed a ladder into a wardrobe I knew I was going to do the same.

My wardrobe is ridiculously small but so is my room so I can’t just buy a bigger one. This looked like the perfect solution because it can be tailored to everyone’s needs.

I had the most struggle actually finding a wooden ladder that wasn’t too big or too small. In the end I found a bamboo ladder in Casa and bought two. I picked up a bamboo stick to add some steps and the pole for the hangers.
I also bought two oak planks for shoe storage and a bit of string to give it a little style.


I asked the Man to help because I wouldn’t have managed on my own. Partly because I’m not the best with a drill but also because you’ll need help to hold everything and screw at the same time.


First we measured to add 4 steps to the ladders. 1 at the bottom of each side for the second plank and 1 at the top of each side to rest the pole onto. We then screwd them in. Afterwards we screwd the planks onto the steps and finally screwd the pole. I decided to hide the screws on the pole by tying some string around it.



It took 2 hours and a half which in my opinion isn’t too bad.
At first I wanted to paint it but I actually think that I like it better that way.

All in all I’m quite happy with the result. It’s not exactly what I wanted but I’m really happy that I made it myself and it even sort of fits into my teeny tiny bedroom.



What do you think ? Are you a master of DIY or a newbie like me ?
Check out Geneva's blog for more amazing ideas !

x
Macha

Labels: , , , , ,