The 2 Week Holiday Beauty Stash

If you're unsure what to pack cosmetic wise for your next holiday or just enjoy having a nosey peek into somebody else's makeup and/or wash bag then this post is for you.

Two weeks ago I flew off to the UK to spend two weeks in the Outer Hebrides and the Cairngorms with my family.

I'm a renowned overpacker and this trip was no exception. I've tried to cure myself but though I've improved my packing skills I still take too much stuff with me.

I found that the only way I can stop myself from adding more and more products to my luggage is to pick one makeup and one wash bag that fit into my suitcase and to not take anything that won't fit in them.



These are the makeup and wash bags I chose to take with me. They're not extremely small but I had enough room in my suitcase to take them with me and I like to take enough makeup to have my options when I get ready every morning.


As you can see I didn't hold back. I had my options alright. (the only thing I forgot to put on the picture is my Soap&Glory One Heck of a Blot that I always have with me to try and control my oily skin)


When it comes to skincare I have different versions of the same routine depending on the length of the trip. My skin is quite prone to breakouts and I don't like to change my routine too much in order not to upset it. (It didn't work this time. I'm really glad I had my Collection concealer with me !) Since we were gone for two weeks I took the extended routine as you can see below. (Scrub, toner, mask, spf, the whole shebang)


Body and hair care wise I always try to take minis for several reasons. 1. They take less room in your suitcase (duh) 2. If the trip is long enough you have time to finish them which means "more room for shopping" ! 3. I can't help myself from buying them because they're too cute so I have loads of them at home. 4. They're an excellent way to try out something new without having to commit to the full size when you don't know if the product is going to be any good.


So that is all I took with me this time. I managed to leave 8 empty bottles behind which is not bad but I'll try and do better next time.

Do you have any ultimate tips for packing ?

x
Macha


On the pictures :
Bourjois - 1,2,3 Perfect Foundation in n°51 light vanilla | Garnier - BB Cream for combination to oily skin in light | Collection - Lasting Perfection Concealer in n°1 fair | Bourjois - Cream Blush in 01 Nude Velvet | NYX - Blush in PB25 Pinched | Soap&Glory - Solar Powder | Urban Decay - Naked Basics Palette | Maybelline - Color Tatoo in 35 On and On Bronze | L’Oréal - Color Infaillible in 021 Sahara Treasure | Chanel - Illusion d’Ombre in 89 Vision | MAC - Prolongwear Paint Pot in Let’s Skate | Avon - Super Shock Max Mascara in Black | Lancôme - Artliner in Black | Soap&Glory - Archery Brow Tint and Pencil in Love is Blonde  | NYX - Butter Gloss in BLG09 Vanilla Cream Pie | Clarins - Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 05 | L’Oréal - Studio Secrets Universal Lip Glow | Rimmel - Moisture Renew Lipstick in 180 Vintage Pink | MAC 266 | MAC 217 | MAC 239 | Real Techniques - Blush Brush | Real Techniques - Deluxe Crease Brush | Real Techniques - Base Shadow Brush

La Roche Posay - Anthelios XL 50+ Extrem Fluid | La Roche Posay - Effaclar Duo | Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion | Clinique - 7 Day Scrub Cream | Michael Todd - Jojoba Charcoal Scrub | Soap&Glory - The Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser | Lancôme - Bi-Facil Instant Cleanser | Avène - Cleanance Mask | Michael Todd - Organic Lemon Toner | Superdrug - Tea Tree Essential Oil | Origins - Super Spot Remover | Contact Lenses cleansing solution | Spare contact lenses

Aussie - Miracle Moist Shampoo & Conditioner | Morocan Oil - Hair Treatment  | Nuxe - Huile Prodigieuse | Soap&Glory - Clean On Me Shower Gel | Soap&Glory - The Righteous Butter Body Butter | Bourjois - Net&Frais Deodorant | Batiste - Dry Shampoo a hint of color Medium & Brunette | Lush - Big Shampoo sample (small lush pot) | Soap&Glory - The Breakfast Scrub (decanted in the big lush pot) | Charles Worthington - Intense Rescue Melting Balm (hair mask)(decanted in the small transparent pot)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,