Feeling Grey ? 3 Ways to Help You Glow !

My skin has been looking rather dull lately. I look at myself in the mirror and find myself wondering "why do I look so grey ?!"
I decided it was time to do something to change that. My plan has 3 steps.


1. Food : The first step is that I want to make sure that I eat enough veg' and fruits. Beauty starts from within they say. So I start my morning with a smoothie. The one on the above picture is frozen mixed berries with a bit of water and milk to make it a bit less thick (sometimes I like to add a spoonful of honey). I use my Breville Blender because it makes it effortless and really quick. I like to use frozen fruits because it makes the drink extremely fresh (you may find yourself with ice cream if you don't use enough non-frozen ingredients as the fruits are actually cold enough to freeze the milk and water you add). I feel like if I eat bright things my skin will be brighter as well (though it may not work as well with bright yellow M&Ms...)


2. Skincare : The second step is quite obvious. I want to make sure that I'm using the proper skincare products. I don't have that problem very often (I have other problems with my skin though, trust me) so I'm not really equipped to deal with it but I managed to find three products that should help me without having to go to the shop.
I decided to use my Alpha H Liquid Gold more frequently to help the cells turnover. I've been using it for about two years now and I love it but I'm going to start using it more often again (every other day).
I chose the Soap&Glory Scrub Your Nose in It scrub/mask because it says on the packaging that it "leaves skin looking brighter and more radiant" and that's exactly what I want. It has very fine and extremely effective gritty bits if you use it as a scrub but if you use it as a mask it will leave your skin feeling very fresh and thoroughly cleansed.
Last but not least I went rummaging through my mum's drawer and I found this Bio Beauté by Nuxe Vitamin-Rich Detox Mask. The bright packaging and product inside and the fact that it's full of vitamin and made with orange water made me believe that it would help. It has the look and the consistency of honey. It feels slightly tingly on the skin but I'm pretty sure I can see results already.


3. Faking it : While you're waiting for the nutrients and your improved skincare routine to do the trick the only way to get your glow back is to fake it. I have two products that I really like to use to make my face look more healthy. The first one is The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 and the Estée Lauder Illuminating Powder Gelée Blush in 01 Tease (sadly limited edition. EL you need to bring it back ! If you don't own it another pinky slightly highlighty blush can do the trick) I like this bronzer to use all over the face and then the EL blush is lovely to add a hint of colour and glow to the cheeks.


Do you have any tricks to bring your glow back ? Any products I should try ?

x
Macha

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,